Friday, May 16, 2014

Time flys when your in marathon training

Wow! Where does the time go? Time sure does fly when you are in marathon training. I feel like the last update there was snow on the ground. The snow is gone and I have been enjoying many long runs outside. I had a few 70 degree 20+ milers and some 50 degree 20+ mile runs. I think I like the 50 degree weather best for those. Also, I had forgotten about the whole waring sunscreen thing on my first sunny 22 miler. Let's just say I won't be forgetting that again. Ouch!

Even though it will be June 1st at the time of my marathon, I would be 100% okay with a 50-60 degree day. Also, if it happens to be cloudy as well, even better.

This training plan I have been following has definitely had higher mileage than I did the previous marathon. I do enjoy doing the higher mileage. I have been averaging about 45-60 miles per week. I am excited to see how I preform on race day after doing a full 16 week training cycle. I know it has been interesting juggling training, family and work, but I feel for the most part I was able to get my training in. I am proud of the fact that when we took a vacation to Disney last week, I got the majority of my runs in.
One of my early morning runs


Clear Water Beach, FL sunset


I am very thankful to my family for their support and patience during this training cycle. I definitely couldn't have done it without them.
Next up: Uff Da Half Marathon this weekend and tapering for the Minneapolis Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment