Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The past week and thinking of next year

Greetings from the Arctic Circle! Well, not really, but the temps this past week have been frigid. A string of below zero temps or just barely above zero temps have led to a lot of treadmill running. I did manage a glorious 6 miler outside on a day that was 17 degrees. It was slippery, but the fresh air felt amazing. I sure hope Santa brings me a pair of Yaktrax for Christmas. I have done a few speed workouts and felt really strong in them. I have not had a really long run in the last week and I am feeling like these legs need some more miles on them. I am hoping to get some miles in over Christmas break because my amazingly fabulous sister will be in town. She sent me a text message saying she needs to get a 10 miler and 16 miler done while she is in town. She is training for the LA marathon and I know she is going to do great in it!. Some pictures of my training this week:









One of the things I have been thinking about this week is my goals for the up coming year. I have some ideas and I am excited to share them with you in a future post. I definitely realize that I need to have goals and a plan for those goals otherwise I feel a bit lost. That is actually how I have felt the last month with my training. I haven't nailed down any concrete goals to train for yet, so I have been a little unsure of what I should be doing. I have decided that for the rest of the year I am going to have fun with my running, and just enjoy it. Hope you are all staying warm!

What do you want for Christmas?

What are your goals for 2014?


No comments:

Post a Comment