Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The weekend workout recap!

  • Friday: "Rest day" 1 mile on the treadmill at 4:30AM before work.
  • Saturday: 3 easy miles on the treadmill after the kiddos were asleep
  • Sunday: 5 miles on the treadmill before work.


I definitely needed the rest day after my overly ambitious speed workout on Thanksgiving. I think jumping into so Yasso's 800s at this point in my running was a bit premature. I think I will focus on Fartleks and mile repeats for speed work until I get into my next marathon training cycle. Saturday, my plan was to see how I felt after the first mile and if I felt good to do 3 miles, and I felt great. Sunday felt great as well, started off slow and worked my way into a faster pace. very pleased with my workouts for the weekend.

Saturday morning we attended to funeral for my husbands great grandfather, Lloyd. It was sad to say good bye, but we find peace in the fact that he is dancing in heaven, watching over us. He lived to be 97 years old! He lived quite the life. He started a trucking company, which led to a butcher shop, which led to a grocery store, which led to a gas station. He had such a determination to live and he surpassed all the doctor's expectations of his life. There were many times he was in the hospital and doctor's told him that he needed to go to a nursing home. Usually, by the next day he was miraculously better and heading home. His drive for life is such an inspiration. I going to remember his drive for life during mile 20 in my next marathon to help push me through the wall.

Who inspires you to push hard during tough times?

What did you do this weekend?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment