Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014!

It is a new year! I look back and I can't believe another year has gone by. It has been a great year. I really found out a lot about my self this year. The reason for this self discovery was started with a resolution. A resolution to run at least a mile everyday. I am so happy to say that I accomplished that. I feel so proud of my accomplishments over the past year. I feel that setting a goal and keeping to it definitely made me a more confident person. I feel that this confidence rubs off on the people around them. I am so happy about where my life is right now and where it is going. I feel this happiness is contagious. I do hope that my running will inspire others to chase whatever dreams and goals they are hoping for. It has made me realize that resolutions are important and keeping those resolutions are just as important for a good self image.
 
 So, what are my goals and resolutions for this year? I have decided I may keep this running streak going. I had a lot of anxiety/ it felt weird not to run. So, yesterday I ran. It would have been cool to run 14 miles for 2014, but lack of planning didn't allow that to happen. The hubs came up with the idea of run for 20 minutes and 14 seconds. So I said, I will see how far i can run on the treadmill in that amount of time. I was hoping I could get a 5k in, almost made it.

After that run. I felt that I am going to have a speedy running year. So, my running goals are as follows:

1. Run two marathons this year, thinking Grandma's Marathon and Twin Cities, but we will see which ones for sure in the next month or so,
2. Run a 3:15 marathon by the end of this year
3. Break 1:30 in the half marathon
4. Break 20 minutes in a 5k
5. Keep going with the streak, see how long I can go.
6. Incorporate strength training twice a week.
7. Focus on nutrition, my goal is to eat cleaner, may try the Paleo diet

I am excited about this upcoming year, it is going to be an amazing year. I feel it is like a fresh start. I have some non running resolutions as well, and I may share those in a future post. Happy 2014!

What are your New Years resolutions?

Have you every tried the Paleo diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment