Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Starting to like winter running

I think I may actually be liking this winter running. I know it's not officially winter, but it's cold out. Cold out equals winter in my book.
My cheering squad on my run, with cow bells and everything.
Tuesday's Workout: 4.64 miles outside. My running app said I ran a 7:60 pace. Not sure about that stat, since one would think that meant an 8:00 min/mile pace. Legs felt good and breathing wasn't as heavy as it was on the previous outdoor run.
Photo credit goes to Ilovetorun.org

Wednesday's workout: Went to the gym and the whole family tagged along. My hubby and oldest son did some running, while I did some running and a Body Pump class. It's a great class because it is all weight lifting. I love it because when it comes weightlifting I need someone to tell me what I should be doing. I think this is something I will try to get better at doing. I definitely want to increase my strength, I feel it will only help my running. Plus, my core felt weak during class, I could barely hold my plank today.

Another thing I am working on is eating better. When I trained for the past marathon, I basically ate whatever I wanted. I was hungry all the time and probably didn't always make the best choices. I ate ALOT of ice cream. Not that I feel I am going to be 100% healthy all the time, I do want to find better snacks and meals that will fuel my body better.
This is the meal I made Tuesday night. It's a healthy chicken Parmesan.
Ingredients:
5 Chicken breasts (we are a family of 6)
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 green pepper (chopped)
2 zucchini (sliced)
! jar marinara sauce
Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese
Season chicken with Italian seasonings. Add some oil to a skillet, cook chicken until it is white. Add vegetables and cook until tender. Pour marinara sauce on top, and cook for 5 minutes. Lastly, top with cheese. Serve over pasta or just plan
yum! love the colors 
Well, wishing everyone out there a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. Since I have to work and am unable to do a Turkey day run I will be up bright and early to do a 10k on the treadmill at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment