Saturday, November 9, 2013

The 10 miler that was 15+

The 10 mile run that was 15+

Well, here it is...my first blog post EVER! I have decided that my first post is not going to be a introduction to me. Instead, I am going to let all you people reading this get to know me as the time goes on. Sometimes less is more. .
So, I would like to tell you my latest running adventure. I know you are just on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about it. Here is the "Story of how my 10 miler turned into a 15+ miler"

I decided to try out a new trail. I was super pumped to try this trail out. It was AMAZING! Beautiful fall colors, perfect fall running. The plan was to run out for 5 miles and turn around to make 10 miles (math is so simple). I was using my phone's running app, had just reached 7.53 miles (to be exact) and realized my key had fallen out of my pocket. What does one do in a situation like this? Whelp, I turned my rear around and started looking. Ended up finding it 1 mile from the turn around point.

Realizing I was super late getting back(this girl has stuff to take care of), got my rear in gear and booked it back to the car. I tell you, my legs were feeling it. Averaged a 7:47 min/mile for the run though, go me! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? (thank you Kelly Clarkson) (and now that song is in my head, awesome.)

I recently qualified for the Boston Marathon for 2015. This has been a dream of mine and total bucket list item since I was a teenager. This Blog is going to document my running journey to the Boston Marathon, along with pursuing a healthy life style and my life along the way to accomplishing my dreams. I have big dreams that I want to accomplish and I hope to document my successes and failures along the way.I hope you enjoy!
Finishing the Whistle Stop Marathon where I qualified for Boston!


No comments:

Post a Comment